Thursday 19 October 2017

Ragnar Lothbrok & Javelin Armed Skirmishers

Ragnar Lothbrok (or Lodbrok), a heroic 28mm miniature from Gripping Beast. I painted this more as a display figure in my collection, but who knows, he might see some action. A really nice miniature to paint. The base is 3mm mdf.











28mm Javelin armed skirmishers for my Anglo-Saxons. They were originally in the Gripping Beast slingers pack, but the miniatures are really dual purpose. I cut down some spare spears to be more suitable as javelins.






Have had a slight slow-down recently with my posts & painting - managed to get a stomach bug, plus have done something to my left shoulder/upper arm which has been causing lots of pain, off to see Physio on Monday.

All the best,
John.

6 comments:

  1. Well the shoulder has not stopped you from producing amazing fig's John. Great work mate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ragnar looks so strong, proud and superb...excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very nice. That cloak fur is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Paul! Combination of paints & washes plus some stronger contrasts helped give the cloak that look.

      Delete

17th Century Characters...mostly

 Here are some 17th Century character miniatures I finished recently.  28mm metal, mostly from Wargamer Poland: https://sklep.wargamer.pl/gb...