Sunday 17 February 2013

A Rare Sight.....Germans!

Yes, you don't see much German stuff come out of my painting corner, but today you do :)

The Kubelwagen and accompanying figures are Airfix from my son's collection- I thought I'd paint and base them up for him. He will be able to use them for a command base in our Battlegroup games if he happens to be using the Germans.









Next up is an 88 that my friend Nick Grant sent me a while back, along with a bunch of other stuff. It was originally painted up for Eastern Front with winter white-wash, but I have given it an all new paint-job and changed the look of the base, which was also wintry.




It just so happened I had a crew for this beast in my lead & plastic pile...
A while back I purchased some Fallschirmjager crew for the 88 from Wartime Miniatures, (a great Australian Company, highly recommended range of miniatures, their WW2 British are especially good). The two blokes with the shells are from Wartime & the figure kneeling with binoculars is plastic from Italeri.
 If Splod from Hobart sees this post- don't worry Splod, I had these long before you started your FJ's, not trying to double up on what you are doing, just fancied getting these painted up.
So here is the 88 with the FJ crew in splinter camo:







I haven't been neglecting the Colonials, and have managed to a bit of blocking in on some Fuzzies on camels:



If you get a chance, the Young Sarge has started his own blog: Small Soldiers at Arms
Say g'day if you get a chance, and perhaps offer him some encouragement, I know Nick already has (thanks Nick).  :)

20 comments:

  1. Nice stuff John. Love the way you bring out the faces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nick, I'm glad my face painting technique holds up.

      Delete
  2. Nice, is that the airfix 88? those figure make it look a little small, but that could be the individual bases on the figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dan, I'm not sure if it's Airfix as it was given to me- but yes, the figures may look a tad big with it.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful work on the Hermans John. Perfection mate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool work, love the kubelwagen but also a compliment on the camo in the uniforms!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now, that's something different! They look (all) very good John!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, makes a change from all that British stuff ;)
      Thanks for the compliment T and a big thankyou for encouraging my son in his efforts in the blogosphere.

      Delete
    2. I simply did what you would do. Nothing more nothing less. We should increase our numbers John! :)

      Delete
  6. Nice figures and models!
    Good stuff to bring your son into the blogosphere ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mojo, and thanks for encouraging the Young Sarge.

      Delete
  7. It's always useful to have some opposition handy and these look good. That airfix kit is great, will you be doing the 'little tank' as well?

    I've been trying and failing to do splinter camo, and those chaps on the '88 look good. Any tips? I'd love to know what colours you went with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I don't have much German stuff as I rely on my friend to supply the German forces usually- but it's handy to have a force in case my son & I want a game. The Airfix recce kit actually belongs to my son, not sure what will be happening with the armoured car yet.

      Splinter camo? All Vallejo paints- German Camo Beige base, and splinter shapes out of Luftwaffe Camo Green and Flat Brown, then the whole lot gets a wash of Vallejo Umber wash. Make your camo shapes kind of triangular- check my other Fallschirmjager posts for some more pictures.
      Hope that helps :)

      Delete
  8. Great models and pictures, a very nice work!
    Phil.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your site! You will be in our prayers and thoughts! Nice and informative post
    on this topic thanks for sharing with us.Thank you

    POLISHED CONCRETE | CONCRETE RESURFACING | FLOOR LEVELLING | CONCRETE REPAIRS | EPOXY COATINGS | CONCRETE POLISHING
    Atta ur rehman

    ReplyDelete

17th Century Characters...mostly

 Here are some 17th Century character miniatures I finished recently.  28mm metal, mostly from Wargamer Poland: https://sklep.wargamer.pl/gb...