Monday 28 January 2013

First few British & Dervishes finished

When I say few, I mean five of each- I just couldn't be doing with painting up huge batches at once. This is my first time painting dark African skin , I'm reasonably pleased with the result. I'm also happy with how the grey serge came out on the Brits- I'm planning to do one unit in this colour and another in khaki for now. I may attempt some more elaborate patterns on the tunics of later batches of dervishes. I decided to base the British on square card bases instead of the usual washers, as the washers left them too far apart for a decent firing line- if the figures had been 28mm I could have got away with the usual size washers. Like my Gatling crews, these figures are all given a coat of satin varnish instead of the usual Matt I use for WW2 stuff.
I might do some fuzzies on camels next.







6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks mate. Do you think the square bases look ok on the British, and does the African skin tone seem about right?

      Delete
  2. Excellent painting Sarge! I think a good move with the square bases and the skin colours do look good too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rodger. I'm glad you like the square bases, I wasn't sure what I thought initially. I picked up some tips for painting the dervish skin from the Perry Miniatures website.

      Delete
  3. John's unique style!
    I like them very much.... :)

    ReplyDelete

17th Century Characters...mostly

 Here are some 17th Century character miniatures I finished recently.  28mm metal, mostly from Wargamer Poland: https://sklep.wargamer.pl/gb...